Beedie | Green
Green Building is the practice of designing and building structures that are highly efficient, environmentally sound and have increased sustainability.
Benefits of "Going Green" in a construction context:
- Reduced operating costs by consuming less energy and water;
- Lower environmental impact;
- Healthier and more comfortable working environment for occupants;
- Enhanced public and corporate reputation for being environmentally aware;
- Increased market value of the building.
When you lease or purchase a Beedie building you can take comfort in the fact that our construction company already incorporates many green building techniques into each building we do.
Our company specializes in concrete tilt-up construction which is a method that has an established history of sustainability.
There are several green qualities that can be attributed to this form of construction:
- The main construction materials, concrete, steel and lumber are all recyclable;
- The concrete which forms the floor slab and walls is extremely durable, prolonging the overall lifespan of the building;
- The thermal mass properties of concrete limit heat gain/loss resulting in superior energy effiency.
Other examples of how a standard Beedie built building can be considered green:
- Job site recycling
- Siltation control
- EPDM roofing with gravel ballasts